Relationship Counselling for Individuals
Do any of these describe you?
- You want connection and a fulfilling relationship but are afraid of being vulnerable.
- You want a long-term relationship but become overwhelmed when you start dating, leading you to sabotage the relationship.
- You feel hurt and unhappy in relationships.
- You sacrifice your needs for the sake of the relationship.
- You’re currently in a relationship which you know needs help but your partner refuses to go to couples therapy.
- You’re in couples counselling but it isn’t working because you’re both caught up in your own pain and not hearing each other.
- You’re in the process of separating or navigating a divorce.
Relationships can take some work, but they don’t have to be difficult and painful.
Individual therapy with me can help you find the happiness and romantic connection you’ve always wanted, whether you are currently single or in a relationship.
The best way to help you understand the relationships in your life is to look inwards. By paying attention to how you are feeling and what you are saying to yourself when you interact, you begin to understand why you behave and react the way you do in relationships. With this awareness, change can start to happen. Growth can start to happen.
You can deepen your connection with yourself and learn more about your feelings and motivations. You can start to uncover any unconscious belief systems you may have about yourself. You may unknowingly be saying to yourself, “I’m not good enough for the partner I want” or “I’m unlovable because everyone leaves me.” I will help you challenge those beliefs and learn new ways to speak to yourself with compassion and kindness.
In therapy, you may start to see parallels between how you experience conflict in your romantic relationships and how you experienced it with your family growing up. I will help you uncover these unhealthy patterns and learn new ways to effectively communicate with your partner. I offer a safe space where you can explore any childhood wounds that might be playing out in your relationships. I will help you develop skills to get your needs met as well as create and maintain healthy boundaries needed for fulfilling relationships.
Therapy can help you grow as an individual so that you are happier and more confident. Counselling can help change the painful cycle you’ve been stuck in so you can achieve a loving, committed relationship. Then you can start having the relationship you deserve.
Contact me so that you can discover the person you were meant to be and enjoy the relationship you’ve always dreamed of.